Thursday, May 21, 2009

Clear Horizon

 It is now 2009 - in seven months it will be 2010. Last post was 2007. So much has happened. Time has surely flown. Here I am  . . . 

I have a business blog where I discuss marketing and business topics. (www.cmarcomservices.com/blog)
I use social media to network (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
I am meeting wonderful people through networking, facilitated by Twitter and LinkedIn. 
I am diversifying in different areas of my life - trying to explore and try different crafts, concepts, skills, and thoughts. 

This is my personal blog and when I first started it - it was a bit hard to write from the personal front. I know it is because of certain characteristics I possess. I used to be a very prolific journal writer. Blogging is a public journal writing experience - sharing your own thoughts, experiences to the public domain in the world wide web.  It is hard -- for me to open up, show and reveal my faults, warts, fears, failures, and nightmares. But then again, this platform could be a place to share joy, good news, celebration, and dreams. 

Where am I at now? Lets say I am at crossroads. I feel this "state" is not something permanent, but it is something that I need to go through. 

1) my (our) only child is graduating from high school and is going to college in North Carolina. 
2) Looking at the fact that we are going to be empty nesters sooner than we thought. We've been married for 22 years now. 
3) my best friend moved away to another state several months ago. I lost my only confidante of the same sex. 
4) we've lost two pets this year 
5) Both my husband and I will be reaching birthday milestones this year. (5o and 45, respectively). 

Maybe by sharing this personal side, will resonate with other people. Let them know that they are not alone either.  Please do contact me and share with me where you're at.  I want to know that I am not alone either. I want to laugh, cry and rejoice with others as this stage of our lives. I don't know what to call it at this point. So, "crossroads" works for me. 


Here's part of the song that is playing in my head: Clear Horizon by Basia. 
"All you need is a clear horizon,
a clear horizon
all we wish is everyday,
hope and pray,
for all of us
a clear and quiet sky"

That is what I am waiting for  . . . a clear and quiet sky. Lately, its been turbulent. May peace be with you. 


No comments: