Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Week One

Earlier this morning, I did read chapter one of "Having a Mary Spirit." and then later this evening, after playing racquetball and dinner, I read chapter two. The book has a study guide. It suggested for week one I read chapter one and two. I did that. Then it asks several questions. Already I am working on question number one: "If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?" I haven't answered that one since I am not sure what would be the one thing I would change about myself. I think, most women struggle with their self image. I think that is the norm. Most of the time, we want to change a part of our body or face. But the question the exercise is asking is regarding to a trait or behavior of mine that I would or could change. I think I will have to ponder on that one a while.

I know a lot of my "makeup" comes from my own life experiences while growing up. It defined quite a bit of who I am. It has carried me this far. However, I know I have changed in small ways over the years because it didn't bring the results I wanted or needed. Does that make sense? I would like to think that I am changing or evolving into a better person. . . over period of time. I can say, yes, I am not the same person as I was 20 years ago or 10 years ago. That is a good thing, is it?

January 17th: Passive. My passiveness. I think that would be something about me that I would like to change. Sometimes I feel like I've got one foot in and one foot out. My rationalization often comes from obligations. It is apparent I need to look at things differently.

No comments: